"PROGRAMS DON'T CHANGE PEOPLE, RELATIONSHIPS DO"
BILL MILLIKEN, FOUNDER
Tier I/Whole School Services
Intensive Case-Managed Students
Seniors Graduated or Received GED
K-11 Students Promoted to Next Grade
Stayed In School (Improved Attendance)
Our mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
What We Do
WE DO WHATEVER IT TAKES!
Working alongside school staff, parents, volunteers and business partners, Communities In Schools of Hampton Roads extends 5 Essentials to as many students as possible.
- One-on-one relationship with a caring adult.
- Safe place to learn and grow.
- Healthy start and healthy future.
- Marketable skill to use upon graduation.
- Chance to give back to peers and community.
How We Do It
Using proven strategies we connect local resources to schools and students. We connect schools with community resources through our school-based site coordinators.
- Working directly with schools in 6 cities, CISofHR builds relationships that empower students to stay in school and succeed in life.
- Our school-based staff partner with teachers to identify challenges students face in class or at home and coordinate with community partners to bring outside resources inside schools.
How You Can Help
SURROUNDING STUDENTS WITH A COMMUNITY OF SUPPORT!
Here are the most important areas to get involved:
- Donate. You can be the difference in the life of a child and a school community.
- Volunteer/Mentor. Your personal commitment to a child can help them prepare or a brighter future.
- Connect. Follow us @CISofHR on your favorite social media site, visit our website and sign up for our quarterly newsletter, and attend our events.
See what our partners have to say
Through the support and generosity of foundations, corporations, and individuals, Communities In Schools of Hampton Roads is making a real difference in the lives of all children across Hampton Roads. Our partners understand the importance of surrounding students with a community of support, so young people stay – and succeed – in school and are committed to amplifying our work with the resources needed to help students succeed.